Apparently I have taken far too much Celebrex and my stomach/gastritis/ulcer problems are back. For the last 3 days I 've been taking Prilosec and laying off the NSAIDs. I just ate lunch with some excitement thinking the pain was gone, but it hit me hard just now... so... I have to quickly shift onto some sort of very mild diet, and remember not to eat very small quantities even if I'm hungry...
Meanwhile, I'm filing papers, throwing away huge stacks of paper stuffed into grocery bags, and shovelling whatever's left over into a heroic attempt upon the file cabinet. Past half-assed organizations, excavated, collect in the drawers, so I have about 5 different "bills" files and several "medical" from different years; all were in different drawers or stacks or shoved sideways into the zine bookshelf in the closet. I'm not weeding closely, so far. Just gathering like-meets-like.
My new top categories are "official" for all the official papers, in the top drawer.
Then 2 drawers of my own junk, which is as follows:
* ALTA, BlogHer, Gaming, Potlatch, SWSW, WisCon
* cards, addresses, letters
* flyers, stickers, postcards, brochures that are nifty
* official papers, junk, my own papers, other people's papers, teaching
* a scrapheap of hiring documents and old resumes
* a million different folders, to evolve into my own poems, drafts, other people's poems, presses, contracts
* a bunch of research for my anthologies, biographical info on poets I like, xeroxed things, other projects
* my translations, drafts, stuff i want to translate, papers about translation
* my small press
* my old press with all its zines; some letters are here; manuscripts/xeroxable originals
* many boxes and tubs of old zines and letters are in the shed! ack! no room
* unfiled (huge)
* Milo papers
* warranties and manuals for things going back 15 years
There is a foot-high stack of papers left to go! I've thrown *so much* away!
After that stack is filed away I could either
- go through the whole cabinet in a final pass to weed and consolidate
- go through the closet shelves of zines also to weed, and organize
- move the bookshelves around to put the bed on the other side of the room and make more room
- go through the 2 giant shelves of my project binders and figure out wtf is going on there
This is going to help my whole life to get this stuff under control, and let me know where all my projects are, and where to find things! I'll dig up projects that are 80% done that I have forgotten all about! I'll find whole completed manuscripts I've also forgotten, and talks from 2001 that are super awesome, and the drafts of essays that I might still like, and letters unanswered that will fill me with pleasant melancholy.